Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Meanderings of my mind.

Warning: Not proof read and written at midnight while I was having trouble sleeping. Please ignore the spelling and grammar, I'd say I would fix it later but in all honesty I probably won't. Enjoy! 

Well, I'm laying in bed. Not my bed though, I'm house sitting. So,more correctly I'm laying in my friend Savanah's bed while she lives it up at Hume lake for the week. Anyways, I've been thinking. School starts in a bit over a month, that means I have been back almost 3 months? How crazy is that, it doesn't feel like any time has passed, yet it also doesn't feel like I ever left. Life is the same old same old here in Oregon. Strange and mudane really. I often find myself thinking. Just sitting places, letting my mind go over whatever is bothering me, or my newest interest... Or just floating around touching thoughts in the clouds of my mind. Sounds poetic, doesn't it? It isn't, not really. These moments are often interrupted by the realization that there are beads of sweat begging to roll down my nose because I seem to forget the windows in cars roll down, or as life would have it... My phone rings, or buzzes. Such is life now. My phone is always by my side. Attached to me. I hate it. I do, and yet I feel disconnected without it... Like I am going to miss some terribly important event. But, let's be honest. I know I won't... I found myself today in such a moment. Just tired of my phone, yet deeply wanting human contact. Africa had so much human contact I went crazy. Infact I felt like I could never find a moment by myself, but now... Now I feel desperately lonely. Perhaps it is because I spent 4 months surrounded by the exact same 14 people. People who I grew to love very deeply. Constant contact with my fellow travelers, and interacting with the general public of Tanzania where we would all draw attention, and our host families. Add it all up and that is a lot of contact. And now, I go to work, see my family, maybe see a friend here and there, and then hang out with my dogs. Not a bad life, Infact I consider myself beyond blessed. But I do believe I have forgotten how to stay home. I watch travel shows for comfort, and spend a lot of my time thinking how to be somewhere else, or how to get somewhere else. I have a feeling that I would be far more comfortable on the streets in India, or traveling through Egypt by camel (though perhaps not now with the whole Gaza Strip and Isreal business) but what I mean to say is... That feeling of never feeling home seems to have itself rooted in me. After about a month I always feel a pull. "Time to go somewhere else now." My brain seems to shout that at me. It's fascinating, and all too strange to realize you would feel more comfortable house hopping than staying home. It is certainly something to think about. Gotta love that wanderlust. Ha. Well, it is a new day tomorrow, in time for new adventures. For now, I must rest. 
The sky the other night at the house I'm house sitting. Firey skies are my favorite. So blessed to see them right here at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment