Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Spring Break Safari...

This past week we embarked on a journey. A safari actually, which means journey in Swahili, but for all you who don't know Kiswahili you probably just think of lions, cheetahs, and zebras.... Oh my! ... My apologies for the really cheesy wizard of Oz reference there. Anyhoo, it was an amazing experience. We saw countless birds, animals, and plants. Gorgeous scenery, and met some amazing people. We went to a few different places, Terengera, lake manyara, Oldupai gorge ( also known as Olduvai, but the actual name is Oldupai) and Ngorongoro crater. I will write about each of these places separately because if I tried to write about them all now I would miss the beautiful scenery passing by my window as we head back to Arusha for about 2 more weeks of work and then a rural village stay, and then off to Dar Es Salam for the remainder of April... And then home. Crazy really, you always here time flies, and everything is gone before you know it... And to some existent it is totally true. But on the other hand it isn't. I'm finding that trips are what you make of them, as seem to be many instances in life. I feel like I have certainly been making the most of this trip, or at least trying too, especially with spending a quarter of it rather ill. So, I think I will be ready to go back to the US when May rolls around, but then again maybe not. Talking with one of my professors revealed to me that I could stay and extend my ticket... She said this is because once the plane leaves the ground the university is no longer responsible for me. I wish I would have known that earlier, a pit stop in Europe might be nice. ;p but maybe I am best to just save some more money and comeback soon. I can certainly see that in my future, traveling that is. And Africa. I think I would like to come back here someday. After all, I never did get to see a leopard... 






No comments:

Post a Comment